College of Science Undergraduate Advising Center
To schedule a virtual or in-person appointment visit unt.navigate.eab.com
Instructions for scheduling are available for Orientation students and current UNT students.
Visit navigate.unt.edu for our new mobile app where you can schedule appointments, find or create study groups, see your schedule and more!
|Location||Hickory Hall 283|
REMINDER: All students in their first semester at UNT, as well as students who are on academic alert or probation, are required to come in for advising prior to registration. Incoming first-time-in-college and transfer students are required to attend Orientation to meet with an advisor and register for courses.
Better prepare for advising with our DIY Advising page, our COS Ambassador office hours, or the UNT Registration guide!
Drop-in advising will be available on the following dates from 1pm to 4pm in Hickory Hall 283 or virtually using the Zoom link below.
|Wednesday, June 14||1pm-4pm||Hickory Hall 283||https://unt.zoom.us/j/3872924602|
|Wednesday, June 28||1pm-4pm||Hickory Hall 283||https://unt.zoom.us/j/3872924602|
|Wednesday July 5||1pm-4pm||Hickory Hall 283||https://unt.zoom.us/j/3872924602|
|Wednesday, July 19||1pm-4pm||Hickory Hall 283||https://unt.zoom.us/j/3872924602|
|Wednesday, July 26||1pm-4pm||Hickory Hall 283||https://unt.zoom.us/j/3872924602|
These drop-in advising sessions can help with quick questions about:
- General information on your degree
- Dropping a course (Check the academic calendar for the last day to drop in Summer 2023.)
- Confirmation of courses you've planned for the next semester or this summer
- Only for students without an advising hold
- Adding a minor
- Change a class to Pass/No-Pass
- Courses in your major or minor cannot be changed to Pass/No-Pass.
Changing your major or creating a full semester and/or graduation plan are good examples of things that cannot be covered in a drop-in conversation and require an appointment.
TIPS FOR DROP-IN ADVISING
- Have your student ID number ready.
- Know what questions you need answered.
- Have an idea of what courses you want to take. Use our DIY Advising page to help.
- Drop-in advising appointments are meant to be quick, goal-oriented sessions. Please be ready for a swift conversation.
- If you join drop-in advising and have an appointment scheduled that you no longer need, please cancel that future appointment.
Departmental Faculty Advising
Students also have the option to meet with their department faculty advisor for advising.
- Biology, Biochemistry, Ecology, & Medical Lab majors can email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment
- Chemistry majors can email email@example.com for an appointment
- Math majors can email MathAdvising@unt.edu for an appointment
- Physics majors can email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment
UNT Frisco Advising
Contact Dr. Hyun-Joo Nam if you are pursuing your Biology (BA) degree at the UNT Frisco campus.
Email email@example.com or visit unt.navigate.eab.com to schedule an appointment with Dr. Nam.
College of Science Lab Kit: Student Resources and Helpful Information
Can't find what you're looking for? Have a look at our new "Lab Kit." With this tool, we hope to address the most common issues encountered by our students.