College of Science Undergraduate Advising Center
To schedule a virtual or in-person appointment visit unt.navigate.eab.com
Visit navigate.unt.edu for our new mobile app where you can schedule appointments, find or create study groups, see your schedule and more!
|Location||Hickory Hall 283|
REMINDER: All students in their first semester at UNT, as well as students who are on academic alert or probation, are required to come in for advising prior to registration. Incoming first-time-in-college and transfer students are required to attend Orientation to meet with an advisor and register for courses.
We will offer hybrid drop-in advising for early registration based on classification. Take note of your classification and advising date below.
|Honors/Athletes||Monday, Oct. 2||1-4pm||Hickory Hall 283||https://unt.zoom.us/j/3872924602|
|Seniors||Monday, Oct. 9||1-4pm||Hickory Hall 283||https://unt.zoom.us/j/3872924602|
|Juniors/2nd Bachelor||Monday, Oct. 16||1-4pm||Hickory Hall 283||https://unt.zoom.us/j/3872924602|
|Sophomores||Monday, Oct 23||1-4pm||Hickory Hall 283||https://unt.zoom.us/j/3872924602|
|Freshmen||Monday, Oct. 30||1-4pm||Hickory Hall 283||https://unt.zoom.us/j/3872924602|
All other students can join us during our regular drop-in advising time on Wednesdays from 1pm to 4pm in Hickory Hall, Suite 283.
These drop-in advising sessions can help with quick questions about:
- General information on your degree
- Dropping a course (Check the academic calendar for the last day to drop.)
- Confirmation of courses you've planned for the next semester or this summer
- Only for students without an advising hold
- Adding a minor
- Change a class to Pass/No-Pass
- Courses in your major or minor cannot be changed to Pass/No-Pass.
Creating a full semester and/or a graduation check will not be covered in a drop-in conversation. You will need to schedule an appointment for those meetings.
TIPS FOR DROP-IN ADVISING
- Have your student ID number ready.
- Know what questions you need answered.
- Have an idea of what courses you want to take. Use our DIY Advising page to help.
- Drop-in advising appointments are meant to be quick, goal-oriented sessions. Please be ready for a swift conversation.
- If you join drop-in advising and have an appointment scheduled that you no longer need, please cancel that future appointment.
Departmental Faculty Advising
Students also have the option to meet with their department faculty advisor for advising.
- Biology, Biochemistry, Ecology, & Medical Lab majors can email email@example.com for an appointment.
- Chemistry majors can email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
- Math majors can email MathAdvising@unt.edu for an appointment.
- Physics majors can email email@example.com for an appointment.
UNT Frisco Advising
College of Science Lab Kit: Student Resources and Helpful Information
Can't find what you're looking for? Have a look at our new "Lab Kit." With this tool, we hope to address the most common issues encountered by our students.