College of Science Undergraduate Advising Center
To schedule a virtual or in-person appointment visit unt.navigate.eab.com
Visit navigate.unt.edu for our new mobile app where you can schedule appointments, find or create study groups, see your schedule and more!
|Location||Hickory Hall 283|
REMINDER: All students in their first semester at UNT, as well as students who are on academic alert or probation, are required to come in for advising prior to registration. Incoming first-time-in-college and transfer students are required to attend Orientation to meet with an advisor and register for courses.
Join us during our drop-in advising days in Hickory Hall, Suite 283.
Drop-in advising will be available from 1pm to 2:30pm on Wednesday, Dec. 6 due to a staff event.
|Wednesday, Dec. 6||1-2:30pm||Hickory Hall 283||IN PERSON ONLY|
|Monday, Dec. 11||1-4pm||Hickory Hall 283||https://unt.zoom.us/j/3872924602|
|Tuesday, Dec. 12||1-4pm||Hickory Hall 283||https://unt.zoom.us/j/3872924602|
|Wednesday, Dec. 13||1-4pm||Hickory Hall 283||IN PERSON ONLY|
|Thursday, Dec. 14||1-4pm||Hickory Hall 283||https://unt.zoom.us/j/3872924602|
These drop-in advising sessions can help with quick questions about:
- General information on your degree
- Dropping a course (Check the academic calendar for the last day to drop.)
- Confirmation of courses you've planned for the next semester
- Adding a minor
- Change a class to Pass/No-Pass
- Courses in your major or minor cannot be changed to Pass/No-Pass.
Creating a 4-year plan and/or a graduation check will not be covered in a drop-in conversation. You will need to schedule an appointment for those meetings.
TIPS FOR DROP-IN ADVISING
- Have your student ID number ready.
- Know what questions you need answered.
- Have an idea of what courses you want to take. Use our DIY Advising page to help.
- Drop-in advising appointments are meant to be quick, goal-oriented sessions. Please be ready for a swift conversation.
- If you join drop-in advising and have an appointment scheduled that you no longer need, please cancel that future appointment.
Departmental Faculty Advising
Students also have the option to meet with their department faculty advisor for advising.
- Biology, Biochemistry, Ecology, & Medical Lab majors can email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
- Chemistry majors can email email@example.com for an appointment.
- Math majors can email MathAdvising@unt.edu for an appointment.
- Physics majors can email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
UNT Frisco Advising
College of Science Lab Kit: Student Resources and Helpful Information
Can't find what you're looking for? Have a look at our new "Lab Kit." With this tool, we hope to address the most common issues encountered by our students.