College of Science Advising Center
To schedule a virtual or in-person appointment visit unt.navigate.eab.com
Visit navigate.unt.edu for our new mobile app where you can schedule appointments, find or create study groups, see your schedule and more!
|Location||Hickory Hall 283|
REMINDER: All students in their first semester at UNT, as well as students who are on academic alert or probation, are required to come in for advising prior to registration. Incoming first-time-in-college and transfer students are required to attend Orientation to meet with an advisor and register for courses.
Drop-in advising will be available on registration days for the groups below. Registration opens at 7a.m. each Monday. Please join us on the day that your group's registration opens. You can also choose to make an appointment for any day when drop-ins are not offered.
|Oct. 3rd||Honors College||8:30 - 11:30am and 1 - 4:30pm||Hickory 283 or unt.zoom.us/j/3872924602|
|Oct. 10th||Seniors (90+ hours earned)||8:30 - 11:30am and 1 - 4:30pm||Hickory 283 or unt.zoom.us/j/3872924602|
|Oct. 17th*||Juniors (60-89 hours earned)||8:30 - 11:30am and 1 - 4:30pm||Hickory 283 or unt.zoom.us/j/3872924602|
|Oct. 24th||Sophomores (30-59 hours earned)||8:30 - 11:30am and 1 - 4:30pm||Hickory 283 or unt.zoom.us/j/3872924602|
|Oct. 31st||Freshman (fewer than 30 hours earned)||8:30 - 11:30am and 1 - 4:30pm||Hickory 283 or unt.zoom.us/j/3872924602|
*Graduate Level Students taking Undergraduate Courses also register Monday, Oct. 17th.
Earned hours do not include hours currently in progress.
Drop-in advising will also be offered every Tuesday of the Fall semester from 1-4pm in Hickory Hall 283.
These drop-in advising sessions can help with quick questions about:
- General information on your degree
- Dropping a course (last day to drop is Nov. 18th)
- Confirmation of courses you've planned for the next semester
- Only for students without an advising hold
- Adding a minor
- Change a class to Pass/No-Pass (must declare by Oct. 7th)
- Courses in your major or minor cannot be changed to Pass/No-Pass.
Changing your major or creating a full semester and/or graduation plan are good examples of things that cannot be covered in a drop-in conversation and require an appointment.
TIPS FOR DROP-IN ADVISING
- Have your student ID number ready.
- Know what questions you need answered.
- Have an idea of what courses you want to take. Use our DIY Advising page to help.
- Drop-in advising appointments are meant to be quick, goal-oriented sessions. Please be ready for a swift conversation.
- If you join drop-in advising and have an appointment scheduled that you no longer need, please cancel that future appointment.
Departmental Faculty Advising
Students also have the option to meet with their department faculty advisor for advising.
- Biology, Biochemistry, Ecology, & Medical Lab majors can email email@example.com for an appointment
- Chemistry majors can email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment
- Math majors can email MathAdvising@unt.edu for an appointment
- Physics majors can email email@example.com for an appointment
College of Science Lab Kit: Student Resources and Helpful Information
Can't find what you're looking for? Have a look at our new "Lab Kit." With this tool, we hope to address the most common issues encountered by our students.