The College of Science is dedicated to helping students succeed at UNT. Highlighed below are resources that many math and science majors find helpful! Additionally, you can download this more exstensive PDF list of important campus resources.
College of Science Resource Centers:
Health Professions Advising: Hickory Hall, 256
Math Lab: Sage Hall, 130
Chemistry Resource Center (CRC): Chemistry Building, 231
Computational Chemistry Instructional Laboratory (CCIL): Chemistry Building, 232
Physics Instructional Center (PIC): Physics Building, 209
- If you are interested in receiving e-mail communication regarding Undergraduate Research, please fill out this quick survey: https://unt.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3WMKcq4UBSX026p
For information regarding Undergraduate Research Opportunities in the Biology Department, please see our Biology Undergraduate Research Reference Sheet, updated every Fall term.
Tips for a Successful Semester:
- Visit your instructors during their office hours - check your syllabus for specific dates, times, locations, and appointment method!
- Meet with your Academic Advisor or Faculty Advisor to discuss study strategies and skills
- Attend Supplemental Instruction (S.I.) or tutoring sessions
- Meet with an Academic Coach in the Learning Center
- Reach out to a College of Science Ambassadors at COSambassador@unt.edu to seek advice from a fellow student
For more information on how to use the Learning Center for tutoring, academic coaching, and more, please visit: https://learningcenter.unt.edu/science.