Which type of advisor is best for you?
We have 4 different categories of advisors:
- Academic Advisors
- Department Advisors
- Health Professions Advisors
- Special Programs Advisors
The right type of advisor you need depends on what you need help with. Read on to learn more about each type of advisor.
Contact an Academic Advisor if you have questions about core requirements and College of Science requirements. They can also:
- Help you pick a major
- Review your official degree audit
- Do a graduation check for you
- Review situations that require approval, like
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Pass/No Pass course options
See our Academic Advisors.
Contact a Department Advisor if you have questions about your major's requirements. They can also:
- Start a degree audit
- Discuss your career options
Contact an advisor in one of these departments:
Health Professions Advisors
- Select appropriate majors & minors
- Select courses that meet pre-professional requirements
- Help with applications & recommendations to professional graduate schools in the following fields:
See our Health Professions Advisors.
Special Programs Advisors
Contact a Special Programs Advisor if you are interested in or have questions related to one of the following programs:
- Forensic Science
- Teach North Texas
See our Special Programs Advisors.