College of Science Ambassador Application
Complete the online COS Ambassador Application by 11:59pm on April 7th, 2019.
College of Science Ambassadors are exceptional undergraduate students who serve as representatives for their major, the college, and the University. COS Ambassadors are expected to represent the college at a number of prospective student and University events, including COS Tours, Preview Day, and Transfer Debuts. COS Ambassadors may also be asked to engage with prospective students over the phone and email. COS Ambassadors are expected to be knowledgeable of the college and the University to better serve prospective students, families, alumni, and donors. COS Ambassadors who meet and maintain the eligibility requirements will receive a $500 scholarship (distributed as $250/fall semester and $250/spring semester) for their service.
Department: College of Science
Departmental Contact: Kelsey Kunkle, Kelsey.Kunkle@unt.edu
- Undergraduate Student
- Full-time enrollment (12 credit hour/semester min.) for Fall 2019 and Spring 2020
- Must be majoring in a College of Science degree program
- Cannot graduate prior to May 2020
- Minimum UNT GPA of 3.0
- Minimum of 24 credit hours earned at UNT
- Must be able and willing to meet COS Ambassador expectations outlined below
COS Ambassadors are expected to:
(Violation of these expectations could result in scholarship termination and/or repayment of scholarship back to the University)
- Commit to the Ambassador role from August 2019 through May 2020
- Work approximately 30 hours per semester
- Maintain good standing with the University and Dean of Students office
- Maintain knowledge of the College of Science and UNT
- Communicate with a diverse audience, including individuals and groups of various sizes
- Demonstrate a genuine desire to help others and promote the UNT College of Science
- Attend events with or without the COS Ambassador Coordinator as requested
- Represent COS and UNT positively
- Call and email prospective students
- Provide mentoring and guidance to prospective students
- Assist with preparation for prospective student events and visits
- Be present for all commitments and follow protocol for making alternative arrangements when necessary
- Attend a team training session on August 20th, 2019 and College Day on August 21st, 2019
- Attend team meetings and meet with the COS Ambassador Coordinator as needed
- Assist the COS Advising Team as necessary
Submit all application materials by 11:59pm on April 7th, 2019 consisting of:
- A complete online application form
- Contact information for two references. One must be from a UNT College of Science faculty member and the other may be from faculty, staff, or a previous employer outside of the College/UNT. References will only be contacted if offered an interview.
Finalists will be offered an in-person interview with the Ambassador Selection Committee and other campus or college representatives that will take place the week of April 15th.