In preparation for Finals Week (May 7-11th), there are no classes today. Please take this time to prepare "Read" for finals!
1) TODAY is the time to talk with your teacher(s) to get clarification on any questions you may have. Don't wait until just before the test, that's too late. Check with the Advising Office in Life Sciences Room A128 or your Syllabus to find out your teacher's office hours.
2) Please be sure to check the Registrars' Spring 2018 Exam Schedule to find out the date and time of your final exam. In most cases, your exam IS NOT scheduled to take place during your regularly scheduled class time! Some test are scheduled on Saturday!
3) Here are a few strategies for studying for finals:
- Organize your study space. ...clutter can be distracting.
- Use flow charts and diagrams. ...
- Practice on old exams. ...
- Explain your answers to others. ...or just saying it out loud to yourself can be helpful.
- Organize study groups with friends. ... compare notes to see if there is a topic you missed.
- Take regular breaks. ... 15 minutes for ever 2 hours studying. Stand up stretch, do jumping jacks. Get the oxygenated blood flowing.
- Snack on brain food. ... (ex: Blueberries, Nuts, Dark Chocolate, Avocados, Green Tea or Coffee)
- Plan your exam day. (ex: Pick out comfortable clothes for the next day; get a good night's sleep; eat breakfast; allot time for a review just before class & arrive early; stay hydrated)
"Those who fail to plan, plan to fail" - Unknown