Beginning in Fall 2021, the Office of Health Professions will launch a new mentorship program for freshmen interested in becoming future healthcare professionals.
To equip pre-health freshmen, coming from underrepresented and/or underprivileged backgrounds, with an academic, professional, and personal foundation that will promote success both in college and a career in healthcare.
Select freshmen (mentees) will be individually paired with upperclassmen (mentors) pursuing a similar health profession. Throughout the academic year, mentors will help freshmen mentees grow personally, professionally, and academically, in addition to developing core competencies that make a successful future healthcare professional.
If you would like to become one of our Health Professions Mentors, you must meet the following requirements:
- 3.5 Overall GPA
- 3.5 Math/Science GPA (this includes courses with the following pre-fixes: BIOL, BIOC, CHEM, MATH, and PHYS courses).
- Applying to a Health Professional School within 24 months
- Must have a B or better in all Biology and Chemistry coursework at the time of application
- Must have completed at least 30 hours of UNT course credit at the time of application
- Will be enrolled at UNT during the time of mentorship
For more information on the Health Professions Mentor Program, please e-mail email@example.com.
How to Apply
Please click HERE to fill out an application to become a Health Professions Mentor. All applications must be submitted by February 1, 2021 in order to be considered for the 2021-22 academic year. After February 1, we will review all applications and select candidates for an interview. After all interviews have been completed, we will determine our team of mentors.